Saturday, October 27, 2012

Crochet Yellow Granny Square Duck Blanket - Finished


 
My brothers girlfriend loved it, she hasnt given it to her friend yet but hopefully she does soon. This blanket was an absolute bitch to complete! I had to cram for 24 hours to finish it. I forgot how much I despise the sewing part. It was well worth it though, this goes in "the best blanket i've ever made" pile for sure. I can't say when or if I will ever make another one like this. I would love to make one for my boyfriends baby nephew but with a soccer ball on it instead so we will see.
 
I recently started working again after not working for over 3 years, two jobs nonetheless. I'm a retail merchandiser for Mattel toys in the mornings/afternoons and then after 4pm I tutor elementary kids. It's pretty nice but doesnt give me much time for crocheting and thinking up patterns to blog about.
 
I will try to come up with something tonight to blog about tomorrow. A pattern hopefully. We shall see.
 
Until next time.
 
Oh and if anyone makes anything from my patterns I would love to see your finished projects... drop me an email or a link to them in the comments. thanks!
 
-Monet 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for being so kind as to share the granny square pattern. I love it! Is it ok with you if I make a few afghans and sell them with your granny square pattern? I will have the tag on the afghan link to you on Etsy giving yu credit for the pattern. :)
    Thx again, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jenny this isn't a pattern that I posted it's a special blanket I made for someone but I would appreciate it if you did not copy my pattern and sell blankets from it. You are free to come up with your own original design of a duck blanket but I prefer not to be copied, especially with this blanket in particular. Thank you for asking though.

      -Monet

      Delete
  2. love to have the pattern also for a new baby not here yet. redfefered@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a picture of this on a google search for "crochet duck pattern", it came up to a different site. I assumed it was a a diagonal pattern blanket and just spent 30 minutes trying to find the pattern since the site didn't actually have the pattern. I land here just to realize that, holy cow! Those are granny squares?! That is incredibly impressive and I'm sure the recipient loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki! Yep all granny squares, a million of them. Thus I have yet to recreate it, many attempts though lol. I hope to get a pattern up on Ravelry soon. Thanks again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...