Sunday, September 23, 2012

How To Make Hair Bow Display Cards

I recently decided to start selling crochet hair bows in my etsy shop but I didn't know how I wanted to gift wrap them and package them. I decided to put them on display cards. I googled hair bow display cards and came up with some good ideas but ultimately just decided to come up with my own. I think they came out pretty good and here I will share that with you. Enjoy!



Hair Bow Display Card Tutorial

Materials:
8.5 x 11 in Cardstock (any color)
Scissors, Paper Cutter or Exacto Knife/ Razor Blade
Computer and Printer (optional)
Microsoft Word or Photoshop
Ruler (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:
This is pretty simple, I can’t believe it took me this long to make these but after doing some searches I came up with these.

First make sure you know the measurements of the hair bows you wish to put on the display cards. Once you know that you can determine the width and height of your cards.
My bows measure about 1 in x 2 ½ in; I sell my bows in sets of three so I came up with these measurements for my card.  The card itself measures 3 in x 7 ½ in. I figured out the dimensions by deciding that I wanted the slits in my card to be an inch apart (after trial and error of course). 


Using Photoshop:

Open Photoshop > File> New

Make the dimensions 3in x 8in

Duplicate the Background Layer.

Create Guides to help with the placement of the slits.  View --> New Guide
(Make sure Extras in the View tab has a check mark next to it)

Vertical guides:  Place guides at the 1 inch and 2 inch mark.

Horizontal guides:
Place guides at the 1.25 inch mark (this line represents where the bottom of the top text should be)
Then place guides at the 2,3,4,5,6, and 7 inch marks.

I created vertical lines from the 2 -3 inch mark, the 4-5 inch mark and the 6-7 inch mark using the Line tool. I then duplicated those layers and placed them evenly at the vertical 2 inch mark.

Now just add your text. The end.

This being the end result:

( I can't say this image is the exact size)

I printed my cards on the cardstock paper. My original cards are printed with grey ink seeing as my black ink was running out.

Once I printed them I used my paper cutter to cut them out and to cut my slits in it. If you don't have a paper cutter you can very well use scissors, and or an exacto knife/razor blade.


Alternate Method Using Microsoft Word

Open Microsoft Word

Create a new table go to Insert --> Table --> 2x1 

Table dimensions should be Height: 8" Width: 3"

Then for the text I added a Text Box go to Insert --> Text Box

Position the text where you would like it to be and write in it whatever you like. I did this for both the top and bottom text.

Now you can print out your card and cut the slits in them.

The End. 

If anyone makes a display card from my tutorial please drop me a comment and a link, I would love to see yours!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! This is so simple! I was just about to spend a whole bunch of money on custome made cards :/ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I was in that same position when I decided it seemed easy enough to just do it myself.

      Delete
  2. This is amazing and simple! Thank you very much I had made my own but could not figure out how to have the slits so they were always off center or too close together. This just made my life SO much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re very welcome! Lol glad I could simplify this for you. It can be kind of tricky trying to make them in your own sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...